If you can't find the item you are looking for in Woodstock's Computer Catalog you are welcome to try these other resources, or ask a librarian to locate the material. Reference librarians are experts at locating and requesting materials.*
- PrairieCat: Catalog for approximately 200 libraries in northern Illinois and eastern Iowa.
- World Cat: Use the WorldCat search box to find library materials available from across the country:
Requesting Items from Other Library Systems
If the item you are looking for is not listed in the Woodstock Catalog you can request the item using the Contact Us form; calling or emailing the library. For help finding books, DVDs, CDs and other materials contact the Reference Librarian. The library will contact you when the material is available either by automated telephone call or email (if your email is listed in your patron account, and you have "email" chosen as your contact preference).
- Every Library in ILLINET (ELI): Directory of hundreds of Illinois libraries, with links to many libraries' websites and catalogs.
- Digital Illinois: Catalog of electronic collections of documents, photographs, etc., made available online by Illinois libraries.
- Open-Access Text Archive: Thousands of public-domain books and other free books, for online viewing or downloading in plain text or scanned formats. Part of the Internet Archive site.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections: A large number of pamphlets, letters, historic documents, pictures, early films and recordings, and other items are available online.
* Rural Basic Service Cardholders are restricted from checking out materials from other libraries.